If not, a word of warning. With so many intriguing pieces in this vast collection, picking just one may be tough. It was for me, so I created a short list. Here are my top ten picks (not really a short list, I know) and in no particular order, because I really couldn’t decide…
1. Leaning mirrors are always elegant, but Rhapsody’s floor mirror does double duty with space for every type of jewelry storage (impressive in its capacity, too) hidden behind the mirrored panel door.
2. The original inspiration for Rhapsody collection was apparently a scroll carving… and it’s used as a recurring theme throughout the collection; perhaps nowhere more impressively than on the scrolled trestle-base dining furniture table.
3. How about that embroidered pattern on the front and back of the insignia arm chair?
The dining arm chair reminds me of monogrammed pillows and towels, creating the perfect focal point at the end of the dining table, behind a desk, next to a bed…
4. Who wouldn’t love a ‘statement’ bed… and the grand scale, serpentine lines and plush creamy texture of Rhapsody’s tufted sleigh bed make it all that and more. It’s perfectly over-the-top, especially with the classic acanthus leaf carving around the base.
5. How much more Downton Abbey can you get than walls of bookshelves… and Rhapsody’s double bookcase ladder & rail gives you the look. At 104” high, you’ll need a tall wall, but it promises to look suitably grand (check out the fabulous crown molding, fluting, scrolling and brass rail).
6. They’re ever practical, but Rhapsody’s nesting accent tables are also so pretty. Check out those dramatic scrolling sides that harken back to the original scroll carving inspiration for the collection.
7. Used alone or as lined up in a collection of two or three (to create your own classical colonnade!), the arched bunching curio is pure elegance.
8. With fluted-texture supports inspired by a classical urn, the urn console table has real classical pedigree. A dramatic statement, but narrow enough to work in a tight space.
9. The hand-painted drawer chest is a super versatile piece that can be used as a storage credenza, TV console or dining buffet (… and that’s not to mention its delicate hand-painted detail). It’s also packed with function, including 10 drawers (including two drop-front center drawers) and an adjustable/removable wine rack behind doors.
10. Another over-the-top (and fabulous) piece is the square cocktail table with its over-scaled scroll legs and spectacularly carved apron. And it’s big – at nearly 49”square – it’ll draw your eye to your seating area.
Have fun choosing your favorite!